The ‘roos at the Australia Walkabout Wildlife Park are all wild and move freely throughout the park (with the exception of Hazel, who wears a collar). Please follow the safety instructions in the handouts you are given when you buy your ticket, as your actions may be interpreted as aggression/challenge and result in severe injury to you.
1. If a ‘roo moves away as you approach, leave it alone.
2. The safest place to touch a ‘roo is on the shoulders and back.
3. Don’t touch a ‘roo on the head, face or neck.
4. When a ‘roo scratches its stomach, don’t imitate it.
5. If a ‘roo hugs you, you may be in big trouble.
6. Don’t feed the ‘roos.
Tegan likes to visit the gift shop at the Visitor Centre (door to the left).